English as a Second Language Program (ESL)
Providing a Transitional Program of Instruction to St. Clair County English Language Learners in grades K – 12.
Contact Lora Bress at (618) 825-3959
Contact Amanda Swaim at (618) 825-3960 email@example.com
A.M. Program 8:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
English Language Learners in grades 6 – 12
District arranged transportation picks students up at home and transports them to the St. Clair County ROE
Sheltered content classes offered in English as a Second Language, science, social studies, geography, civics and government, U.S. history, consumer education, or health.
Students take three classes per school year with classes counting toward graduation requirements.
P.M. Program 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
English Language Learners in grades K – 5
English as a Second Language including reading, writing, speaking, and listening is taught
Students are picked up at their home district schools, brought to the ESL Program at the ROE and returned to their homes after school.
Lora Bress, Teacher
Amanda Swaim, Teacher
English as a Second Language Program Schedule 2019-2020
First day for a.m. classes is Thursday, August 12, 2020.
First day for p.m. classes is Thursday August 19, 2020.
The ESL Program will NOT meet on the following days:
- Monday, September 2, 2020 – Labor Day Holiday
- Monday, October 12, 2020 – Columbus Day
- Friday, October 23, 2020 – Teacher Inservice
(p.m. classes only)Thursday, October 30, 2020 – No p.m. classes
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 – Election Day
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 – Veterans’ Day Holiday
- Wednesday, November 23 through Friday,
- November 27, 2020 – Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, December 21, 2020 through Monday,
- January 4, 2021 – Christmas Break (Classes resume Tuesday, January 5, 2021)
- Monday, January 18, 2021 – Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
(p.m. classes only)
- Friday, February 12, 2021 – No p.m. classes
- Monday, February 15, 2021 – President’s Day
- Friday, March 5, 2021 – Teacher Institute Day
- Monday, March 29, 2021 through Friday, April 5, 2021 – Spring Break
*LAST DAY for ESL classes – To Be Determined*
* Additional days may be added to the calendar at a later date
* Ending date is to be arranged.
If your student’s school is in session on these days, he or she should stay in the regular school the whole day. Students may need alternative bussing arrangements.
If your student’s school is not in session on these days, he or she should not come to ESL.